[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Streamer growth and filming it all (was Re: Corona and Sphere - Puzzle -addition)

I think the real problem you would run into using a high speed
camera with a tesla coil is the sensitivity of the film or CCD,
depending on if it's film or electronic.  Those half a million
frame per second film cameras are very light thirsty critters.
So you'd need not only a fast camera, but one that has a really
good film speed, or the equivalent.

The high speed photography set ups I've seen are either in broad
daylight or under enough tungsten light to soften a lead block.

Tesla coil streamers aren't very bright.

It's likely there have been some developments in the field I'm
not aware of and maybe it wouldn't be a problem these days
but that's the first question that pops into my head.

John