[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank Cap Seal Failure

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: David Trimmell <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>
>
> Yes, Nothing Sticks to PP or PE (if someone knows of something let me
> know!). There are two ways to seal the lid (that I know of): Mechanical
> seal, like the valve cover gasket in your car; Two: Fusing the two pieces
> together thermally. You can melt PE/PP. But you must be very carful in
> controlling the temperature, MP= 85 to 110 C (PE).
>
> Regards,
>
> David Trimmell
>
> At 06:03 AM 10/30/99 , you wrote:
> >Original Poster: Neon John <johngd-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Snippp..

there is an "epoxy" glue ( part A & B type ) that can adhere to PolyP
and PolyE  it is made for joining lexan plexi and poly carbonates. The
clincher is that it costs 480$ for the set ( about 16 ounces total) and
it takes 48 hours to cure. I will try to find the manufacturer and name
of the product and post it.

Scot D