[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believe it or not!

Under the current system of things, the lobby groups are the only ones with
the resources to buy the power to avert the hysterical gaze of the
"Government Knows Best" Brigade. If it comes to protecting the public from
itself, there are no ends to which the government will not resort, regardless
of Constitutional parameters. Unless of course there's money to be made.
The outcry from the public has to be deafening to override that one, and even
then it takes years, just look at Tobacco.

But this is not just a rant, the attitude that anyone wishing to protect
their freedom must take is: "I hear your statement, but what is your agenda?"
Does this impact tesla coiling? You bet! This, like virtually every
interesting hobby, has some measure of hazard, particularly to the
uninitiated. We can only
hope that no-one will devise a way to use TC's to intentionally disrupt any
government activities. Until then, we will probably be able to keep below their
radar.