[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Good poly cap purchase?

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:16:42 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Bert Pool" <bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com>
>
> Check out:
> <http://www.eio-dot-com/componts.htm>http://www.eio-dot-com/componts.htm
>
> for Panasonic poly caps for mmc cap applications.  They have 7,600
> 0.22 1250
> volt DC poly caps for sale for $3,500.  They might be willing to
> drop the price
> if someone wanted to orchastrate a group buy.  Throw about 40 of
> these into a
> series/parallel configuration and I think you would have a very
> robust poly cap
> for dirt cheap price.
>
> Bert

Bert, That IS great price, but 0.22 is rather high for an MMC cap. I
should know, I found an even better price a while back, though the caps
were polyester, and I ended up needing to use 25 in each string just to
reduce the capacitance enough so I could start to parallel the things,
and even then I had to run LTR.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.