[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: All capacitors great and small, and depotting question

 Dissipation Factor (1 MHZ): 0.0006---------------------->>> .00005 -at-1Khz
     Dielectric Constant: 2.0               ¯--OK
                                                 Dielectric Strength (DC, 1
mil): 6500 V/mil !!!----- To High!!! 500-600v/mil is closer

mil): 6500 V/mil !!!----- To High!!! 500-600v/mil is closer

 (assuming ASTM D149)

Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene has some of the best electrical properties
in the "Teflon" family. (PTFE is a bit better). the real advantage for cap
use will be how the film is processed........... FE P is extruded in  film
(unlike ptfe which is skived ) and should be free of voids and
porosity...... max temp rating 400*F to boot.......

re:de-potting............ I have some non working NST's(repairable I
think,mainly broken terminals and the like 15/60 and 15/30) if you need
one (or two) you can have for frt (25lbs each) I am in portland,or. 97224
(day 1-800-343-0444 x 4003)

Robert