[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

84" CoiL (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:23:37 -0700
From: Cabbott Sanders <cabbot-at-home-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: 84" CoiL

Hello everyone, This is Cabbot Sanders...  I'm back from a long
sabatical.  For those of you that remember me, great.. for those
of you who dont, I built a (now 12 foot tall) tesla coil
originally for ball lightning research.  I have resorted to other
methods for the creation of ball lightning, which basically put
my super huge 15 kw tesla coil on hold status to see first light.

well that is about to change.

I have a little bit of wiring left to do, and i'll be ready to
test this puppy out!

15 kva transformer
rotary: Bill Wysock TTR 600 pps
cap: Maxwell .16 ufd 45 kV
secondary: 84" x 23" atop a 28" base cabinet
primary: 1/2" refer tube ~8 turns flat
ballast: two 225amp arc welders in parallel (soon to have a TTR
control box/ballast)

It would be cool to see if anyone out there is in the oregon area
and would like to see this coil perform.

Cabbot Sanders
www.interprise2000-dot-com
High Voltage / Fusion / RC aircraft