[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 250watt solid-state flybacks? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:35:49 +1000
From: davidhosking <davidhosking-at-bigpond-dot-com>
To: Dale Hall <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>
Cc: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 250watt solid-state flybacks?

Thanx for the info Dale,
Very impressive results for such a low power input!

I could probably get the visual effect I want (I.e. People say :- WOW Whats
That???)
with about 5-10 sparks/sec.
 Spark length 6 to 8 inches with multiple breakouts using small discharge
points
As I intend to mount it on a helmet I want to produce short bright sparks/
Corona.
I would use a small cap for rapid charging/firing.
How small is the spark gap you are using in the primary circuit ?
I need to make
the primary circuit small enough to fit on the helmet.
Are you using any special flyback circuit or the standard one transistor or
2 transistor circuit
that people use for powering plasma bulbs?
ringing choke circuit
Thanx again,
David Hosking