[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil Winder (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>

	I've been using such a winder for at least 25 years.  The axle is only
30" long, which makes it a bit flexible, but works fine.  I normally use
a hand crank for coils of up to around 1000 turns, because I can stop
turning instantly if anything goes wrong.  I keep a number of pre-cut
pieces of masking tape handy to secure turns when I stop.  I have also
used a speed-controlled electric drill, but think the hand winding is
preferable.

Ed