[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: first coil

<<  My specs  are from George Trinkaus
>"tesla Coil"  third  edition .   I have limited electronics  knowledge.
> Any  advice on how to tune my rotary gap?   thank you

> Eric >>

Eric,

Generally it's best not to use a non-synchronous rotary gap with a
neon sign transformer.  It tends to destroy them, although
some have found some success with them.  You might want to start
out using a multiple static gap at first.  Synchronous rotaries do work
very well with NST's IF the capacitor is the correct size.

By adjusting the gap spacings, and the speed, you can optimize the
coil's performance of a non-sync rotary.  But again, NST's are generally
not happy with non-sync rotaries.

John Freau