[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Building a sync RSG. (Motor Source)

Here's a possible source for a ready-made unit.  The latest catalog from H&R
Company, www.herbach-dot-com <http://www.herbach-dot-com> , has an 1800 RPM
synchronous motor for $9.95.  It says: 1800 RPM reversible, continuous duty,
15VAC 60Hz, turque 5.6oz-in approx, rated 0.35Amps, Shaft 5/16" dia by 1"
long with flat.  Motor 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4, shaft-end mounting.

The picture shows a squarish-looking case, so you couldn't rotate the
housing to vary the phase as is often done.  Also, the unit is clearly on
the small side for RSG-use, but may be usable if the size and mass of the
rotor and electrodes is kept to a modest size.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham,
MA USA

		Original Poster: Bobbaust-at-aol-dot-com

		> Original Poster: "David  Dean" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

		Good source for 1/3 to 1/2 HP furnace fan motors:
		Heating and Air conditioning comapnies.

		When they install a new unit, they take out the old one,
bring it back to the
		shop, pull the copper out to sell as scrap, and THROW THE
REST IN THE
		DUMPSTER.  I know, my wife worked for several heat/AC
companies and that's
		how I got the 3 motors sitting in my basement taking up
space.

		Just find 'em in the phone book and do a little
"dumpster-diving".