[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FAQ]

Hi Travis, All,
                   I agree that ascii art is not the best.  However it does
make life a hell of a lot simpler for all concerned.  As browser standards
change and god knows what else the html wil outdate.  I know all this stuff
is supposed to be backward compatible but I had to re-code most of my site
with the coming of IE5 and whose's to say that IE6 won't be the same.  As
most tesla coil cicuits are simple to say the least I don't see any need to
make life harder than It has to be.
Ascii art also has the advantage of being compact so that those of use with
limited Internet access can still get our files fast - bear in mind this
thing is gonna be the best part of 200 pages long if its all done throughly.
If we agree that the text editor is the lowest common denominator - notepad -
then this saves lots of messing around with fonts etc.  Which really would
screw up ascii art.

Regards
Nick Field