[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: record sparks then nothing

Hi Bob,

	Very sorry to hear of your damaged transformer.  Resin filled neons or
pretty rare so you should be able to get the tar out and fix it with luck.

I was curious about two things.  Did you have a safety gap across the neon
between each high voltage terminal and ground?  I would think that would
have saved it.

Also, you say the "primary" of the neon is shorted to ground?  Usually, one
of the high voltage "secondary" windings fails.  I just wanted to be sure I
got it right.

I try and design systems to be pretty bullet proof so they can survive a
number of imaginable mishaps, but I never considered this before.  I would
like to study what happened to see if such things can be prevented.

Cheers,

	Terry