[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FAQ

Hello all,

IMO Acrobat format would be the best too use for this project. It does run
under Linux (at least the reader), as I have it at home (and other favours
of UNIX). I would suggest the final product be aimed at a "formatted"
document with graphics and schematics in the Adobe PDF file format, and
perhaps for those who still love the dated ASCII, then perhaps chapters can
be save as text before encoding to PDF. By the way PDF documents are
searchable, at least the vs. 4.x, and I have seen PDF documents that have
Hypertext-like indexes. I know nothing of the creation of these types of
documents, but it sounds like Neon John is willing to share his expertise,
and I think we should take him up on it.

Regards,

David Trimmell