[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Will painting it red make it go faster?

Paul,

That isn't very good performance for 12KV/25ma.  You should be getting
sparks at least a foot long.  I think your capacitor is too big and it's
(based on 60Hz operation, for 50Hz, the cap could be a little bigger, maybe
.0066uF), which will require you to use more primary turns.  15 wine
bottles is good for nearly .02uF.  Try using three or four wine bottles, or
a six pack of 12oz beer bottles.

For future reference, a 750ml wine bottle is good for 1200-1400pF.  A 12oz
beer bottle is good for about 750-900pF.

Best Regards,

Greg