[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oklahoma Teslathon update

Everyone

  The Oklahoma Teslathon is go for Sept. 25th, about 3 weeks from now.  I
have responses from Texas, OK, & Kansas.  Everyone who can make it e-mail me
directly off list for a definite count.  It will start with the first person
who arrives anytime after sunup into the night until the last coil catches
fire.

  WHAT:  There will be all sizes of coils to play with, will run ours and you
can bring yours also.  The shop is dark with the lights off, so coils can be
run all day into the night.  A flea fest, bring goodies to sell & swap.
Anyone have any cap's for coils?
Bring photos, videos, electrical demonstrations of any sort.  A VCR/TV setup
is in the shop for tapes.

  Lunch sounds like pizza & pop with dinner not yet decided. Weather is
usually pleasant this time of year, with highs in the 80's & night temps in
the low 70's.
 If rain occurs, my large coil can be run inside.  We are on a 5 acre tract,
so neighbors complaining is not a problem.

WHERE:  We are in Newcastle, OK.  About 15 miles SW of Oklahoma City off of
   I-44.  Most people will probably be coming in on I-35 which we are about
10 miles west of.  The exit to take off of I-35 is hwy 9 west.  This is just
south of the South Canadian River which is at the South end of Norman.  Head
west approx. 8 miles. This comes to a flashing red light with right & left
turn choices.  Turn right (north) which is hwy 62/main st.and go to SW 16th,
approx. 4 miles. At this time they have started widening the road, so keep an
eye out as I do not know what stage the construction will be in on the 25th.
 Turn left (west) on SW 16 & go 1 mile to stop sign. Turn left (south) onto
Country Club and go approx. 1/4 mile to Timber Ridge, which has a brick wall
on both sides,  and turn right (west).  Go approx. 3/4 mile which will be
thru a residential area, then breaks out into an open area.  We are  the 4th
house on the left (south),after the clearing breakout, at 2204 Timber Ridge,
on the mail box at the street.
  There will be metal shop behind the house &  a "Teslathon" sign in front.

If there are any questions, e-mail me, or there are many map sights on the
web to locate our address.

See you then.

Kevin Eldredge
2204 Timber Ridge