[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: X-rays from light bulbs/Tesla Coils !!! where to get a geiger counter

There are other sources around, such as surplus, but probably the cheapest
decent geiger counter would be the little unit from Aware Electronics
(http://www.aw-el-dot-com/ ) In its normal form, it plugs into your PC serial
or parallel port(any old pc works) and uses the pc to generate the "clicks"
and plot the radiation level, as well as power the unit

You can also easily modify one of the radio shack amplfier speaker units
(the beige ones that look like an old style transistor radio) to make a
standalone unit.