From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 11:29 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Latest coil

Original Poster: Don Allen <dona-at-amigo-dot-net>

At 11:24 PM 09/07/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:

<snip>

 What happenned was I thought
I could use a giant metal hose clamp to grip the 4" wide copper
ground strap to the bottom of the RF connection on the
secondary. It worked, but arcs LOVED it too, so after one run
where I definately saw an arc leap right down to the metal,
I shut down and surveyed the damage - a 1" wide burn
spot on the very bottom of the PVC along the top of where
the clamp was located. The clamp was very hot. I removed
the clamp and went to using a series of rubber bands to secure
the RF ground strap and I've had no further problems. That was
a definite "I won't do THAT again" moment. <g>

<snip>