[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Info

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: TeslaTec-at-webtv-dot-net (Tony R Greer)
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could supply any info on the following
> capacitor:
> -------------------------------
> Condenser Products Corp.
>
> EB 203-50MX-1
>
> .02 µfd - 50,000 VDCW
> -------------------------------
> Physical description:
>
> 3 3/4" X 11" brown Phenolic tube with black epoxy end fill.
>
> 3/8" dia. axial stud terminals
>
> Weight ~ 6 pounds
> -------------------------------
> Any idea as to what the dielectric is? Any good for TC tank cap? .....
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Tony Greer

well its got a working voltage of 50KV in the DC mode   and possibly could
handle a peak of 55KV for a short burst    therefore it could handle 25KV
AC for short durations and possibly 20KV for extended runs.    with 3/8"
terminals obviously it can handle the current put out by the transformers
at 15KV within the lower range  e.g.  less than 2 KW .

If it was mine i would go for it  ;)

Scot D