[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: winding my own transformer

>the main question I have is....   do you think a #10 wire is useable in
>this situation ( to be used as the new wire ) or should I try to locate
>a # 8 or 6 wire ??

>I have tried to locate some type of chart that lists the amperage
>rating for different wire sizes but to no avail.

Hey Scott,

I looked in my 1999 NEC book and I found amperage ratings for some copper
conductors with 150C, 200C, and 250C insulations. They specified teflon
coatings but it should be the same if you insulation is rated for that
temperature.

    awg.    150C    200C    250C

    14        46        54            59
    12        60        68            78