[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: IR remote control?

Hi Jan,

Nice idea about possibly using an IR power control.  Unfortunately IR
receivers are sensitive to high levels of RF because they have a very
powerful wideband preamplifier inside,  and IR signals are often of
similar frequencies to those generated by a TC. I think you might have
problems unless the IR receiver is far away from the TC itself, and well
screened.

Best keep it simple and use real switches instead of electronics, however
I am always interested in what pieces of electronic circuitry that people
get to work near TCs.

Let us know the outcome if you try it.

					- Richie,

					- In sunny Newcastle.