[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Extra...nection wire (pigs and generators)

> I have pigs in mind with this project and it's something I will work on
over
> the winter, that is lord willing when Y2K hits, that the power grid is
still
> up and running. Can you run a pig off a 4Kw generator? :-)

Yes indeedy, it works quite nicely... I've run a variety of HV equipment
off generators all the way from a little 700W putt-putt, to a 5 kW Honda,
to the multi 100 kW generators used on movie sets.

The tricky part might be if you wanted to run a sync rotary gap, because
the smaller generators, in particular, tend to have significant speed
variations as the load changes.