[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: good looks

> Original Poster: Megavolt121-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hey 'kid"
> a good looking coil co coil pushing 60" arcs or a crappy coil that throws
60"?
> I'd go w/ neat and tidy looking.
> -Alan

Building a coil that looks neat and professional requires buying all the
right materials, having a fairly extensive set of power tools, and putting
many hours into quality craftsmanship.  Beginner's may not have all the
right resources.

A neat coil will perform better than one thrown together from the same power
components, and reliability will be much better, but cost will be at least 5
times as high ;-)  I've got $2500+ invested in my 2kVA coil ($1000 in caps
alone), and the costs go up dramatically as the power level increases.

-Adam