[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: vacuum spark gap

   HELLO,

  Ok on my vacuum box was made with 2/8 glass.

  On the variac it sad that i was puting 50 volts in to the neons and that was
when i had the spark gap in the vacuum box. The vacuum was 8 psi on the ga.

  With the spark out of the vacuum box the variac sad that i was puting 75 to
85 volts in the neons.  I hope this helps??????

   kid-kv

> Original Poster: "Alfred C. Erpel" <aerpel-at-pil-dot-net>
>
> I  don't understand what you mean here. Are you saying 50 volts per .001
> inch? I thought this was the approximate figure for air. Also, how much of a
> vacuum are you operating at (how many torrs)?
>
> [stuff snipped]
>

>> Original Poster: "unicorn" <unicorn-at-telerama-dot-com>
>>
>>   HELLO,
>>
>>  I made a vacuum box and it work fine for me.
>>  The spark will jump at a lower voltage, mine jump at 50 volts.
>>

>>   kid-kv

Regards