[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Heat-sink spark-gap

>Original Poster: "Dan and Nancy" <ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu>
>
> Hi all,
> I'm wondering if making a static air-flow gap out of finned aluminum
> heat-sinks might be ok. With air-flow, I'm thinking that the finned
> heat-sinks might cool more efficiently.
> Comments?
> Dan

Yes, of course Dan. You could use the remains of a magnetron tubes for it.
They exists mostly out of permanent magnet and Al finned heat-sink material.
I get the feeling that cooling is the most important thing with spark gaps,
the quenching is done secondary in that way. Not by tearing the spark apart.

Ruud de Graaf