[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What does LTR mean?

Hi Bob,

	You can usually run a static gap NST with caps about 50% higher than what
the resonant value is.  With a carefully timed static gap you can go to
about twice the resonant value.  The LTR value given in MMCalc2 is the
maximum size cap you can run with a sync gap and all.  In may cases, you
will be running somewhat less.  It's a little hard to say what is the "just
right" value for a given coil.  I often suggest to just keep adding
capacitance until you get the best spark length.  A cap with many
selectable strings is prefect for that.

Cheers,

	Terry