[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 6000kV 20ma

Hi Bill,
            an OBIT should be just great for this, they are 10Kv, 20Ma ish,
cheap but not all that hardy, i am currently working on a similar project, i
am going to try 1 OBIT and some victoreen spark gaps given to me by bob
golding (thanks!!) and i am going to attempt a quiet tesla coil
(contradiction in terms!), incedentaly has any one else tried gaps like
these - they are small ceramic tubes a bit like large fuses and break down
at around 2 Kv each.

thanks Alex

I have ten of these that I bought a long time ago.  they seem to work fine,
but do tend to get hot.  Mine wound up desoldering themselves, so I think
they either need some kind of crimp connection or to be immersed in oil to
help keep them a bit cooler.  Maybe I was trying to run too much power
through them, but it was a while ago so I forget just exactly what I was
doing to them.
Mike