[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flat Ribbon Conductors

In a message dated 5/5/2000 8:27:39 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> I've personally not tried aluminum but others with more experience have
>  pointed out that aluminum has a very high resistance oxide coating that
>  makes its resistance at RF frequencies undesirable.  Others still have used
>  it and it worked, but probably not as well as any good copper primary.

If one wished to go to the trouble, aluminum can be strike plated with nickel
and then silver plated.  This would fix the high resistance problem.  On the
other hand, I have seen a primary made from the aluminum flashing thaat
worked as well as any coils I have seen.
   Mike