Re: sync motor question

Hi Marc,

For what it's worth, my G10 is 1/2" thick and I do have set screws around
the perimeter to lock in the electrodes. I did this for the same reason you
mentioned, to add/remove electrodes. I can go between 2 and 12 electrodes
and the disk can be mounted on any RSG quickly (sync, non-sync, dc
operation, etc..). The electrode hole is a tight tolerance (takes quite a
bit of pressure to move them in ad out), but I still use the set screws as
added insurance. I simply tapped the G10 for the set screws. The G10 holds
up well for this purpose (I have never stripped out a set screw hole, but I
don't go overboard on torque either). I guess if I removed the set screws
all the time, the G10 would eventually wear and strip, but this is only done
now and then. I though about inserts while I was building it, but some
experience with some other equipment showed me an insert isn's always the
answer especially if a material changes temperature. BTW, don't use
loc-tite. Has a tendency to expand under temperatures and crack a lot of
materials. I know rotary's stay pretty cool, but it's still not recommended.

Bart