Re: Pig Question

On that fateful day 8/2/00 6:31 PM, thus spake Tesla list:

> Original poster: "Gomez ADDams" <gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com>

I responded earlier to this:

> If all you have is single-bushing transformers, that would be the only way
> to do it, BUT: then one of the transformers will have its case floating at
> 7500 VAC!  Are you sure that's what you want?  Even if you isolated the case
> on an insulating base, the low voltage bushings are not rated for 7.5kV, and
> could well flash over to the 220V terminals.  That would be bad.

I spoke in error!  (what, again?)

I should not post on my lunch hour when I'm having a frantic day- it never
even occurred to me to run the primaries out of phase and ground the two
cases together- duh!

Is it weird in here or is it just me?