Just a couple questions please.

I'd probably have asked this in the beginning tesla group but I don't get any
response from my request to join.

First off, my tesla coil I made recently, isn't like the ones I've built in the
past.

Rather than the spark gap and condensor being in parallel with the NST, the
spark gap only is in parallel with the NST, there are two caps in series with
the spark gap and the primary coil which is center grounded.

So basically, the primary isn't even electrically connected to the NST or spark
gap at all. In other words one end of each cap is attached to one side of the
spark gap, and the other ends are attached to opposite ends of the primary
coil. The secondary is also grounded.

I have just a few questions ...

What would this circuit be called? I know there's a name for this TYPE of tesla
circuit.

I note that all the previous coils I built would output a long continual spark
however this one, just like the one I bought from Science First emit sparks
that are not continuous but are like the sparks accross the spark gap in the
primary with many sparks jumping a foot to 15 inch long gap. I am guessing this
is a result of the different design of the coil.

Do you think I would get longer sparks by rearranging this into a more
traditional coil arrangement with the caps and spark gap in parallel with the
NST?

Should I be getting bigger sparks with this type of circuit?

Primary is about 18 turns of #12 copper wire, helical shape. The secondary is
3" X 26" of cleaned and sanded PVC with #29 magnet wire wound around 24" of the
form.

I feel more safety using this design, I'll probably stick with it even if it
means much smaller sparks. Its plenty big enough for my apartment. I was just
curious.

Thanks for any answers.