Re: Pig Question AND current limiting method

In a message dated 8/4/00 11:09:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< i was wondering if anyone has tried a window sash weight for the core? >>

Marc, all,

I'm certainly no expert on xfmr/inductor design, but it seems to me that these
things would be a nightmare for eddy current problems and get very hot since
thet are one solid piece of steel. I wouldn't imagine cast iron would have
very
good magnetic permeability properties either (low guass saturation?) Does
any better qualified individual(s) out there have any insight on this matter?

Good, Safe Coilin,
David R.