From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 12:32 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: space winding

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

hi all,
after reading malcolm's comment on using twin wire's and letting one
fall off, i got to thinking that one could use a wire, cord, fishing
line and make a double or triple wrap along with the coil's wire then
wrap it a couple times around an empty spool, with maybe some reversed
tape on it, then connect the two ends snugly. this way as one wound the
coil, a few wraps of the spacer would keep the wire separated and roll
off and on as you went. sort of thread itself on up the form.
also, i wasn't going to say anything but, every coil that i have wrapped
i've used reverse duct tape underneath the mag wire to hold it in place.
i know some might say that this is no good but, i have never had a
tracking problem or a burn YET.
just another thought,   marc