Re: space winding

Hi all,

I've been noticing from reading this space winding thread that
no one has (or admitting to) just leaving the spacing fishing
line on the sec coil form to maintain the spacing. I DON'T
space wind any more, but when I did, I never tried to remove
the spacing material. Of course, I did always use a good di-
electric material ( usually nylon fishing line) for spacing. It
seemed to be a lot easier to just leave it on than to try to re-
move it. I know some would say that the nylon could hold
moisture, but I never had any problems from leaving it on,
though. Then when I was finished winding the sec coil as-
sembly, I simply PU'd the whole thing (fishing line and all)
with several coats, and it was ready for action!

Like I said, I don't space wind any more as I think this is
unnecessary. I just use the proper guage of wire that will
get me into the ballpark range of my projected # of sec
windings with NO spacing. When the coil is properly de-
signed and tuned, there is no need for spacing of the wind-
ings to prevent turn/turn flashover.

My 2 cts,
David R.