Re: flexible ducting

On that fateful day 8/5/00 10:59 AM, thus spake Tesla list:

> Original poster: "Kevin, the one with the incredably long email name that
> takes up a lot of space on this line. Sometimes you have to wonder just how
> much space you really need in this field anyway. :)"
> <teslacoil-at-mindspring-dot-com>
>
> Hi, I am jumping in on this,
> I have a question for you.
> How did you join the pieces and what did you put in the center of it and how
> did that attach to the duct? I know it seems a simple question, but other
> input helps sometimes.

I've never had to make more than one join in the stuff (I really don't like
the flexible ducting, so I haven't used it often), but when I did, I just
used aluminum tape.  Most larger hardware stores have it.  Some auto parts
stores sell something called "muffler repair tape" which will work.

In the case of the 16" monster, I will probably bend up some "formers" out
of .030 aluminum to help reinforce the joints, and I might just cover the
whole thing with aluminum tape or something similar.

Lately, I've been fantasizing about what kinds of conductive, past-like
materials I might be able to use to simply fill on all the grooves, and make
the whole thing smooth... such as aluminum filled epoxy, but nothing I'm
aware of actually sounds like something I want to use.

[snip]
> For what it is worth, I saw a box price in their #102 book, but online and
> through a fax, I do not see but one type of pricing.

Could you post or email the stock number for the case price on the 16" duct?
The sales people I've been talking to haven't been able to find it.

- Gomez (Bill Lemieux)

Gomez A.D.D.ams: Owl House webmaster, uber-fetishist, netgoth, anarchist.
Arkoff Kapacitor: sociopath, crypto-anarchist, follower of Nikola Tesla.
Dr. Hevea Brasiliensis: brain-damaged mysogynist and fetish researcher.
Bill Lemieux: fanboy, gothoid, fetishist, nerd, amateur writer, human.