Re: I'm looking for a source to buy used/surplus induction motors

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> John,
>
> I suggest you take a look at the sides of the road when you are traveling. I
> have picked up several motors that way....people have no use for them, and
> toss them out!... Try "flea" markets also..good deals there.
>
> Chris

	Several years ago I picked up four NST's in the iceplant beside an LA
freeway on ramp.  They had obviously fallen off the back of a truck,
bounced up into the iceplant, and come to rest partially hidden.  Just
happened to see them as we were waiting to get on the freeway.  All four
were good, in spite of broken insulators and bent terminals.  They were:

1 9kV , 60 ma
2 12kV, 60 ma
1 15kV, 60 ma.

All were power factor corrected, and all worked on a TC.

Ed