GMHEICSLR....sort of

Hi All!

     Nope, haven't broken Terry's record yet.  What I can say for
it...Man..this is tough!  My scanner is fried (back on it's way to
the manufacturer), so please be patient with me.  But as one
project has to hold, others progress.

  So far my observations...
    Using a 4kv NST to charge a bank of caps works fine..I
re-connected my diode banks to do half wave rectification on a
7.5kv nst, and reconfigured the caps.  I got maybe half a dozen
good hot 6" discharges from it before the coil died in a orange-ish
flash of light.  It arced internally, and despite being in the
middle of the coil, you can see the flash of shorted turns through
the expoy the factory uses..Yipes...
  These were dry runs (not submerged in HV oil), just so I could
get an idea what the coil will take.  Next run I'm back down to 4kv
and loading up on capacitance.  Also going to submerge the thing.
But, I have to admit, my #1 problem with it is insulating the HV
button from the rest of the coil...I kept getting consistant sparks
through my epoxy, silicon, and lexan from the button to the inside
of the core....It seemed to ignore the wires and just want to
track.  Hmm...Hopefully an oil bath will help it.   This is a pain
of a project...I'm findin' out really quick it takes a bit more
finesse than brawn.  But I got time...and funds..(somewhat)...The
late-night sparks will continue as soon as I grab another coil or
two....Thank goodness there's a discount Auto just around the
corner.... :)

Caio all!
                                                            Sundog