Re: I'm looking for a source to buy used/surplus induction motors

Hi all...

  I have to agree...I've found the best "useful" stuff digging
around in the junk-shops at the flea markets, and doing selective
dumpster-diving.  I got a 1/3hp Sears induction motor, came out of
a tablesaw or something...This thing just rocks.  I got no doubt
it'll swing a big heavy G-10 disc with plenty 'o tungsten hangin'
off it.  I found lots of miscellaneous things (line filters), a few
old NST's, and a bundle of tungsten contacts for use in a welder,
but those were gone when I got back.  The moral of the story
is...if you don't mind getting dirty, dumpster-dive a bit.  Down
here, the cops don't think too highly of it, but have never
bothered me. (is it illegal to take trash? I dunno...) I get
ridicule, yeah, but lots of great stuff gets chunked.  Flea markets
are a haven for "oddball" stuff too.  Ususally cheap too.  That
1/3hp motor ran me five whole bucks...I get small induction motors
for $1 each, and they work fine on the little srsg's I make.  So
give it a whirl... :)  Let us know if ya find anythin' interestin
too!

Shad