Re: RF phase of twin coils, was SRSG machineing

In a message dated 8/6/00 2:57:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Bill,

You make a good point there.  I thought I remembered some folks
doing tests that showed the sparks attracting when out of phase,
and not attracting when in phase, but I may be mistaken in my
memory of this.  Maybe some folks who have twin coils will step
forth and recount their experiences with "in phase" vs "out of phase"
testing?  I've never built a twin or run two separate coils with sparks
hitting each other.

I do remember that Duane Bylund did some in phase vs. out of
phase comparisons with his solid state coils, and a very strong
difference was noted.  When in phase, the sparks repelled each
other, and attracted when in phase.  I believe he also used 6
different phases in six different coils, and had the arcs meet
in the center, etc.  I don't remember all the details though.  I'm not
sure if this was the RF phase that he was altering.  In any case he
shows this work on one of Richard Hull's videotapes.

Cheers,
John Freau