Re: space winding

In a message dated 8/9/00 11:47:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<  It seemed to me, correct me if I'm wrong, that as I
 decreased
 FrP, the burn/breakout effect would move towards the ends of the coil. If I
 went
 too far, the effect would appear near the center of the coil, and I would
 have to
 go 'back' with my primary tap.  >>

Hi Robin, all,

This is just kind of a wild guess, but my guess on the cause of this phen-
nomena is that you are tuning to different harmonics which peak out -at- V/
max at different places along the sec. coil as you vary the P frequency by
tapping -at- different points on the primary. Of course, obviously you want to
tune where V/min occurs -at- the base and V/max occurs -at- the top or at
the toroid. If V/max occurs somewhere between the top and the bottom of
the sec coil, then there is naturally going to be more problems with flasho-
vers near where V/max occurs. I'm sure there are others on the list that
can give a better more technical explanation of this.

Good Coilin,
David R.