Re: Poulsen help

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Young" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-com>
>
> Mike,
>
> I wonder if your setup is functioning as a relaxation oscillator, and not a
> true Poulsen oscillator.  Perhaps you could determine the answer by
> examining oscilloscope waveforms.  A relaxation oscillator would stil
> shock-excite your TC and give some output.  Just a thought.
> --Steve

	I'm not familiar with the term--nor am I familiar with reading
scope waveforms.  I don't have access to a scope--though its on my list of
needed equipment.  At this point I have no way of measuring my operating
frequency--which is problematic as I will be doing some radio transmission
experiments fairly shortly.  I have a friend in Salem who said the FCC
allows short testing runs--so we'll be figuring out the frequency and
making an "L" antenna, which though it doesn't necessarily load in the khz
range, should be sufficient for transmitting across Salem.  Anyway--could
you define "relaxation oscillator"?
			--Mike