RE: Attaching HDPE

I attached mine by drilling 5/32" holes in the wood where the HDPE goes,
and then drill matching 1/8" holes in the HDPE, with which you tap them
to 8-32 threads into the HDPE. Then I used 1.5" long 8-32 nylon screws
through the wood and into the HDPE. The treads have to be tapped slowly
so as to get the heat buildup down, and the resulting threads need to be
very clean (I and to run a tap through a second time after both the tap
and HDPE cooled down to ambient to get the threads good and clean) or
else the nylon screws will jam and break off very easily if you don't
(they have practically no torque rating at all). I get all my nylon
bolts and screws from the local fastener supplier in town. PVC sheet
will work better if you need more rigidity. I had used the HDPE on
several platforms and found it a bit too flexable for my own tastes, and
have since replaced it with PVC sheeting that I cut on the tablesaw.

Terry