Space winding

Yet another comment on my previous comments:  Those who are more
analytical and less forgetful than me know well that the Q of a coil
increases only moderately with frequency, due to the increasing
dielectric losses.  Those losses, of course, depend upon the
characteristics of each individual kind of coil.  Thus, in the par. 3.1
of my previous posting, the new Q will almost certainly not be as large
as 2.8x the old but perhaps around half that.  So it is almost certain
that the voltage developed in the space-wound case that I cite will be
somewhat less than that for close-wound.  However, I think that my par. 4
point may well be of importance and I hope that others will have
something to say about that.

Ken Herrick
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.