Re: Tube coil related questions

Carl

Suggest placing a capacitor across MOT secondary, in series
with doubler capacitor.  When a kickback occurs, energy is
passed through capacitor(s) to ground.  Typical values seen in literature
range from 0.1 to 1.0 uF at 2.5X MOT pk output.
Also in all new high power VTTC's I plan to build, I'm putting
a 50ohm, 200W power resistor in series between level shift
power supply and tank of VT oscillator. This will likewise limit
impulse currents with kickback or tube flashover.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA