Re: Avalon, and Lockout for Safety

Someone get me a pric on a 1MVA generator. I'll bet it's mounted on a
>semi
> >truck.

Have you ever considered maybe using an X-ray transformer? My dad is an X-ray
Technician and he once told me that for a lateral chest x-ray, the tube was
drew about 117 kV. But with that much potential, you'd probably blow
something up... (probably sounds pretty ignorant, I bet there's not close to
being enough current to match up with the potential...) Maybe you could
acquire one and modify it? With enough current, I bet it could easily amount
to 1 MVA. It won't really be a generator, but if you got smaller generator
that produced a good amount of current, you could probably use that to power
it. The things you think of at 2:30 in the morning... I don't know if this is
even a possible course of action, since I have no idea what the current
requirements of an x-ray tube are. Might want to give it a shot? I bet it'll
be hard as i'll get out to find someone that's willing to sell you a used (or
even new) x-ray tranny. Just a thought...

-Joshua