Getting Closer to First Light with 10KVA Pig

	Well, we're getting closer to lighting up our Veretus coil with the new
transformer, but there are still some heavy preparations to be made.  First
of all, when I asked about the ballasting with a welder, you told me that
the current scale on the welder will probably bear no relation to the
actual current going to the pig.  As such, does anyone out there have a
high-power (100amp) ammeter to sell?  Fortunately, I found a surplus of
oilfield wire, it has three insulated conductors in it, all 8 or 6 gauge
solid copper.  It has very hefty rubber insulation on each conductor and is
all coated with another layer of all-weather rubber stuff, and is topped
off with flexible metal conduit stuff.  I imagine this cord would have cost
a fortune if I didn't have so many "connections". :)
	Fortunately, I have some experience in residential house wiring, because
my breaker box is plum full.  What I want to do is install a secondary box
and feed it with a breaker from my main box.  I've been looking around,
because I don't want to spend $40 on a 100a breaker, but I think I may have
to.  What I plan to do is feed the pig with 120v, up to 84 amps.  The
reason why I am so insistant on using 120v is that if used 240v, the output
of the pig would be over 28Kv, and my capacitors could never handle that.
($$$$ Not having any money can be a real pain. $$$$$)
	Anyway, thanks again, and I'm sure I'll have another slew of questions
after this message is answered. :)

	Ryan Ries