Re: MOT-PSU

In a message dated 8/20/00 9:56:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  These results were very dissapointing indeed for my application,
>  but now I've a much better feeling what's possible with MOTs and
>  what's not.
>
>  Regards
>
>  Herwig

Herwig,

You can remove the shunts either completely or partially to get
more current.  The MOT's will tend to saturate though, and give
a spikey current waveform.  I found this to be good though in a
way, because it made the sparks stay "on" for a shorter time,
and actually seemed to draw less current overall, and gave
straighter pointier sparks.

Cheers,
John Freau