Re: avalon condition

>Original poster: "Gomez ADDams" <gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com>
>

> > Next time, I'm moving the meters and they can find them on their own.
>
>I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not...

I am, I don't play with Gas, not my thing. Now that substation there........
lol

btw: on MY side of the substation (unit-1, the main one) in the switchgear
area there once sat a large battery on the floor in the end of the
switchgear cabinet. It's about 3'long, 2'high and 2' deep. And TOAST! It
caught fire a long time ago (i have no idea when), everyting seems to work
though and I don't know what I should have done about this. Ideas?

>With a crane or an oversized fork lift- I'm thinking of the size of
>forklift
>that they use to load and unload cargo containers from rail flatbeds.

I'm buying a 4-ton, nothing bigger.

> > Some of the big ones have a drain valve, should I
> > drain-move-refill?
>
>  You might not even be able to move the largest ones without draining
>them.
>Does anyone know whether big transformers are shipped full or shipped empty
>and filled on-site? (I believe the former, but don't know for sure)
>
> > I CAN safely handle the PCBs (we have Tyvex suits if we
> > need them, with booties, gloves, and mask)
>
>  Ah, but can you store it to EPA / OSHA regulations in the interim?  What
>are the applicable regs?

Sure, it will only be stored for an hour while we move the tranny.

> > Good news, only 3 of the Gantries are electric. The rest we have to
>convert
> > :) Right now it's pulling chain. And to move a 50ton crane, that is 60'
> > long, across a 114' room you have to pull a LOT of chain. It takes 4
>people
> > about 20 mins if they're in a hurry.
>
>  I bet with a little thought you could build a chain-puller in a box with
>chain guides that hangs on the "manual" chain loop...

Great idea. I plan on getting the crane in the HVL set up with an attachment
specifically designed to erect large coils and place toploads.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / Founder
The Geek Group
www.geekgroup-dot-org