Re: Avalon - First Order Designs?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> I would love to use the ALF design (with some modifications) because it
> solves the containment issues (the arcs go in a single main direction
> instead of random) not to mention a twin coil makes more sence in going for
> distance. And at those power levels I would definately hold the world record
> (and some SERIOUS bragging rights ;) ).

I should point out that I consider the preliminary design data
on the ALF website to be public domain, and available to anyone
who wishes to make use of it.  The ALF doesn't have to be built
by me of course, although I would consider that a bonus.  ^_^

The worst case would be someone constructing a less than full-scale
version, which would dissipate interest and funding for building
the full-scale version.

The preliminary design set is the easiest part of the design effort
by far -- it is posted on the website in order to incite interest.
The technical obstacles that will make or break the project are the
detailed structural design and the development of a practical gigawatt
level pulsed primary drive system.

There does appear to be practical solutions to these problems however,
and of course I would be interested to discuss offline the possibilities
of building this infernal facility with anyone who could offer solid
funding towards its realization.

A few important constraints: The ALF should not be built in a climate
where snow loading is a consideration.  The prospective site needs to
have access to the interstate via a roadway that can support a 52 foot
low-boy tractor-trailer loaded to 112000 GVW.  The site also needs to
maintain at least a 3000 ft clearance to the nearest public
right-of-way.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org