12 inch coil

Hello everyone.. Recieved my 12 inch by 72 inch long secondary form. It is made
of acrylic and cost 185 US dollars.. Here is the main question,, What guage of
magnet wire should I use and how many turns. The power tranny is a
14400vac,,5kva pig..the caps are maxwell...i have heard that a ratio of 4.5 to
1 would be good,, And 18 guage wire...My last coil was 8 inches in diameter and
wound with 888 turns of number 22 magnet wire,, it performed very well, with
suprisingly few primary strikes..With number 18 wire at 4.5 to 1,, I will get
well over 1000 turns??..Do you think maybe I should go with number 16
wire...Who on the list has experience with a 12 inch coil??. also maybe i am
sort of getting gun shy here since i was so pleased with the performance of my
8 inch coil that im stuck on the pretence that a coil should never go over 1000
turns,,,hmmmm..Thanks