RE: Paper/Oil Capacitors

Ralph: Fish paper, based on my recollection, is a stiff-ish, parchment like
material (might not actually be paper) that was used as insulating material
between layers of transformer windings in the good old days before TV was
invented. It was oil-resistant. I imagine a oil-resistant poly film of some
sort could be used today instead if that is still the purpose of using fish
paper.
Never been to Bloomington. But I'm guessing the local paper isn't The New
York Times?

Ted

Subject: Re: Paper/Oil Capacitors

Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com

Bert,

Interesting.
What's fish paper? (not the Bloomington daily)

cheers,
Ralph Zekelman